Blue Planet Freshwater pH Test Kit
The Blue Planet Freshwater pH Test Kit suits freshwater aquariums and ponds.
• Conducts over 300 Tests
• Suits Tropical and Goldfish
• Includes the powders needed to adjust pH
pH is an important part of every aquarium as it plays a role in fish health, colouration and potential breeding. This kit allows you to know where your aquarium is now, and then by using the pH Up and Down powders you can adjust to the desired pH level.
Fish do come from different areas, with many enjoying various pH levels. To allow a mix of many fish types we recommend a more neutral pH which shows as a green colour on your colour chart. For simple reference when testing, the greener the colour identifies the water around neutral. Where yellow is acidic and blue alkaline. The deeper this colour the further away from neutral the water is. To correct acid water, use Blue Planet pH Up. To correct alkaline water, use Blue Planet pH Down.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. Rinse the tube in aquarium water first, ideally the water about to be tested.
2. Half fill the tube and add to drops of the solution.
3. Add the cap; do not use your finger to cover as this may alter the reading.
4. Shake and allow a minute to view the colour.
5. Compare to the chart on the box.
6. Adjust the pH as required following directions below.
Using the powders always starts with 1 tablespoon per 30L. Allow about 1 hour then re-test and repeat as needed. Do not alter quickly as fish may be shocked with the change. It is better to alter slowly over a few days where possible. If no fish are present adjust as quickly as needed.